What is Ether?
Well, an Ether refers to the currency of an Etherium platform. The Ether is required by those wished in building upon or then use an Ethereum platform. Like that of Bitcoin, an Ether can also be traded around any web as well as mined. Most of the people uses this term called Ethereum just to refer it to currency instead using an Ether and that’s why it can get so confusing.
The total number of supply in ether and the rate of its issuance was then decided through donations being gathered on its 2014 preselling of its currency. These are roughly the results:
- 5 Ethers were being created each block (roughly in range of 15-17 seconds) towards the block’s miner
- 2-3 more Ethers were sometimes sent in to the next another miner whenever they were able to look for a solution but blocking was not included
- 60 million of Ether was created as contributors during the presale
- There are 12 Million (or 20% and over) were being created for the development of fund, and usually most those were going to an early contributors so with developers and the remaining to the Ethereum Foundation
The Ethereum founders’ state that an Ether does not refers to currency but termed as “crypto-fuel”, which means it is a token which has only one significant use—used as payment for an Ethereum platform.
What is Ethereum?
Ethereum is a cryptocurrency and a blockchain platform with smart contract functionality. It’s naturally a decentralized form of platform for various developers to build an apps above it which was invented in the name of Vitalik Buterin during 2013.
The Ethereum can be utilized to decentralized, codify, secure as well as trading about anything: Crowdfunding, voting, domain names, company governance, financial exchanges, intellectual property and contracts of agreements of most kinds.
Buy an Ether using Cex.io
The CEX.io is a kind of Bitcoin exchange which also sells an ETH using any credit card. All the fees as well as payments for the CEX.io were already calculated using the rate of exchange, which is why it seems have a higher rates than form of exchanges.
- Open an account in io
- Add any form payment method (like Credit card and or bank account)
- Go to the click button of “Buy/Sell” then select Ethereum
- You need to choose desired amount of Ethereum which you wish to buy
- Click on “buy Ethereum”
- Buy Ethereum through Coinhouse
Buy Ether through Coinbase
The most convenient and cheapest way in buying an Ethereum is by Coinbase (if it is available within your country):
- Open for your Coinbase account
- You need to add your payment method (like credit card and or bank account)
- Go to the button “Buy/Sell” then select desired amount of the Ethereum you want.
- Click “Buy Ethereum”
Coinbase will sell you ETH for a fee of 1.49%-3.99% depending on your payment method (such as credit cards that contains higher fee compared to wire transfers).
Check out with http://www.ethermining.com for more informations and help.